This week’s challenge: “We’re winding to an end, so I thought I’d come up with something fun. So here is a little scavenger hunt, you can do it virtually or in person, up to you. You don’t have to do all, but let me know in the comments or a post/tweet which one you did and if you enjoyed what you found.”
- Go to your favorite section of the library. Close your eyes and feel out, picking a random book. If it’s a book you haven’t read before, see if it’s one you would like and then check it out and read it.
- I had a tricky time deciding which area I would choose as my ‘favourite’ but in the end I decided on the section of Tolkien criticism. Even if I haven’t yet read a lot of books from here, I also like to sit and read in this area.
- I found The Spiritual World of The Hobbit by James Stuart Bell. This is a recent release and only arrived at the library in April. I’m not sure if I will read it before I leave, but I hadn’t heard of it before so I’m glad I found a new book to check out.
- The only sections of the library I don’t visit at least on occasion are westerns, romances and inspirational, and since there’s no chance I would read one of those in the week before I move, I went to the magazines instead. I have nothing against magazines; I just never read them because there’s so many books to read!
- I took out National Geographic (Apr 2014), Shambhala Sun (Nov 2013), and National Geographic Traveler (May 2013).
- I couldn’t think of a question to ask so I skipped this one ^-^;
- I used the self-checkout at the new exit into the park. Very convenient!
- I took out a CD – French Violin Sonatas. I hope it will prove to be relaxing music to read by.