I have historically been slow to read ‘new’ releases. I find there can anywhere from one to three years between me adding a yet-to-be-published book to my TBR, and actually getting around to reading it. One of my general priorities this year is to read more front list titles. 2016 gave us a lot of great releases that I have heard so much about, but still haven’t read. Here are 10 2016 releases I want to catch up on this year (links to Goodreads).
- The Children’s Home by Charles Lambert (5 Jan)
- The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig (16 Feb)
- The Charmed Children of Rookskill Castle by Janet Fox (15 Mar)
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan Mcguire (5 Apr)
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo (3 May)
- Before the Fall by Noah Hawley (31 May) – currently borrowing from the library
- The Last Days of New Paris by China Mieville (9 Aug)
- The Evil Wizard Smallbone by Delia Sherman (13 Sept) – currently borrowing from the library
- When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore (4 Oct) – won a copy from Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf
- When the Sea Turned to Silver by Grace Lin (4 Oct) – currently borrowing from the library
Have you read any of these books? What books from 2016 do you still want to read?