I have a little table in my reading nook where I pile up my high priority TBRs. This pile is usually two or three books high. Mostly it consists of new releases I’m excited about or library books due back soon. Lately, the pile has grown faster than I can keep up with it so I thought I’d do a run down of what’s waiting for me. The stack in the photo below is sorted by source: borrowed (from a friend), borrowed (from the library), and owned.
- When Breathe Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi (friend) – I’ve been interested in this book since it was released. I think it will add another unique perspective to the books I’ve read on mortality and death.
- Birdie by Tracey Lindberg (friend) – Added to be my TBR because it’s Indigenous Canadian literature and was a choice for 2016 Canada Reads.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (library) – A book I really need to get around to reading.
- The Midnight Sun by Cecilia Ekbäck
(library) – New release from the author of Wolf Winter! My library has labelled this Canadian…not sure how accurate that is? I know the author lives in Alberta now.
- The Anchoress by Robyn Cadwaller (library) – This has been on my TBR for awhile because I heard it has a similar atmosphere to Burial Rites. Recently I’ve been in the mood for a story like that.
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo (own) – One of two books I bought the day my sister had 40% off at work. An own voices narrative about a transgender teenager.
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab (own) – The final book in the Shades of Magic trilogy. I received this for my birthday at the end of February ^^; My bff has finished it and wasn’t overly enthusiastic about it, so I’m not feeling very motivated…
- When the Moon Was Ours by Anne-Marie Mclemore (own) – This book received a lot of praise in the book blogging community and I am excited to check it out (magical realism + Pakistani trans MC + gorgeous purple cover). I won a copy from Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf.
- Drift & Dagger by Kendall Kulper (own) – Companion novel to Salt & Storm. I won an annotated copy from Kendall back in October. Then Cybils happened and I kept having other reading priorities these past few months. I think I can promise to finish before the end of June….
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan Mcguire (own) – The other book I purchased on my sister’s discount. Another book I’m excited to read because of blogger buzz, a gorgeous cover and an ace MC.
Which books would you prioritize out of this list? How are you managing your physical TBR at the moment?