I did this TTT last year so I thought I’d give it a go again this year (especially as this is the last TTT hosted by The Broke and Bookish!). I ended up reading 6/10 of the books on last year’s list. I’ll aim to read at least 7/9 of these books in the upcoming year.
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee – I had this one on hold at least twice but never got around to it. I’ll make a point of reading it for my course on YA literature.
- The Glass Town Game by Catherynne Valente – I had assumed I would read it shortly after its release back in September…
- The Seafarer’s Kiss by Julia Ember – One of my picks for 2017 Diverse Reads.
- Spirit Hunters by Ellen Oh – Will be reading this for Cybils once it comes in from the library!
- Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi – Another book I signed out but didn’t get to.
- Zen Training by Katsuki Sekida –
- Understanding The Lord of the Rings: The Best of Tolkien Criticism edited by Rose A. Zimbardo and Neil Isaacs – I ended up reading some other books on Tolkien.
- Sanaaq by Mitiarjuk Nappaaluk – Another pick for 2017 Diverse Reads, by an Inuit author.
- Gently to Nagasaki by Joy Kogawa – Memoir by a Japanese-Canadian who was interned during WWII
This turned out to be harder than I thought it would! (Hence why I gave up after nine ^^;) I didn’t really have a strict TBR for 2017. Have you read any of these books? What books do you want to get to in 2018?