It’s that time of year again – the spring Read-a-Thon will take place on April 25! This is my fourth time participating. It’s a busy weekend for me. The Read-a-thon starts at 9PM Saturday night my time, but that night I’ll be at concert out of town. I won’t be able to participate much until I return around 10AM the next day (if only reading didn’t make me carsick!). This will be my last read-a-thon in Japan. I’ll miss being wide awake for the ending, but I’ll be happy to be back in a closer time zone to other Read-a-thoners. I’ve been collecting a variety of library ebooks to be potential reads. Here’s what I have so far:
- Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer
- Library ebook. My sister’s pick for Family Reads next month.
- The Yellow Wall-Paper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Gutenberg ebook. The chosen book for the first read-a-thon read-a-long 🙂
- Quiet by Susan Cain
- Library ebook. I don’t usually go for non-fiction during a read-a-thon, but I like to keep it an option 😛
- Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George
- Library ebook. Seems like a fun middle grade read, perfect for a reading marathon!
- Doppler by Erland Loe
- Library ebook. Recommended recently by my best friend. Looks short and funny, another good read-a-thon pick.
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
- Physical book. I want to reread it soon, so I might start during the read-a-thon.
I’m also first or second in line for Bone Gap, Salt & Storm, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek and The Power of Myth, so those might come in before the weekend.
My snacking plan will be similar to last time – emphasis on Cheerios and Coca-cola 🙂 I’ve again saved my monthly bag of popcorn for this. I’ll probably make a baked oatmeal and bagels a few days ahead to munch on throughout the day.
I was very happy with my participation last year, so I’m setting the same goal – 9 hours of reading. I’ll also do a bit of cheer-leading again. Oh, and I am hosting a mini-challenge for Hour 23 so be sure to check it out, especially if you need help staying awake! You can find me participating here, on Twitter, and on GoodReads. Will you be joining in the Read-a-thon?