This post is linked up at the Monthly Wrap-Up Round Up @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction.
Wow, where did July go? It turned out to be a lot busier than I anticipate! But in mostly good ways. I went to my lake for the first week of July. I did a pretty good job of blogging ahead and reading while I was out there. Then I went camping again, but this time on a four day trip with my best friend. Starting back at my old job and Fringing also ate a lot of my time. These are all good things, but the one event that made me use ‘mostly’ instead of ‘all’ up there is that my mom broke her arm 🙁 Since I am more available than my dad and sister (who both work full time), I’ve been helping her out and taking her on excursions, haha. Between camping + work + Fringe + Mom, my blogging took a hit in July, but I don’t mind much because these are all things I want to enjoy before I move.
- Wish Girl by Nikki Loftin
- Japanese Pilgrimage by Oliver Statler
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan Mcguire
- The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O’Shea
- The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutsie
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan Mcguire
Words and Pictures
I forgot this segment last month, so this includes picture books and graphic novels read in June and July.
- Please, Mr. Panda by Steve Antony
- I’ll Wait, Mr. Panda by Steve Antony
- I liked the serious panda who stars in these cute books about manners.
- Not a Stick by Antoinette Portis
- The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog! by Mo Willems
- The four picture books above I read when I had some downtown at one of the elementary schools where I work.
- Billy Twitters and His Blue Whale Problem by Mac Barnett
- Noisy Night by Mac Barnett
- Telephone by Mac Barnett
- Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett
- I sat in the Barnett section of the library the other day and read the books I hadn’t already read 😛
- Midnight City: Corpse Blossom by G.M.B. Chomichuk – Graphic novel by a local author that had been on my shelf for awhile.
- I recapped the 50 books I read in the first half of 2017, with a brief note on each.
- In my mid-year check in post, I discussed how my 2017 goals were coming along and took a look at how I’ve been rating books in 2017.
- I posted my third Diversity Spotlight Thursday.
- My dad and I discussed Robin Roe’s A List of Cages for Family Reads.
Shared on Twitter
— Jenna (@fallingletters) July 1, 2017
— Jenna (@fallingletters) July 14, 2017
— Carrie Adair (@MissCarrieLA) July 18, 2017
Some things never change. My birthday in 2000: pic.twitter.com/jxcueHSEz7
— Jenna (@fallingletters) July 26, 2017
— PragmaticMom (@pragmaticmom) July 27, 2017
— Alex Baugh (@randomlyreading) July 5, 2017
Upcoming in August
- Month long – ARC August (still time to sign up!). I will be reading:
- Patina by Jason Reynolds (finished today)
- The Painting by Charis Cotter
- Elizabeth and Zenobia by Jessica Miller
- The Tiger’s Daughter by K. Arsenault Rivera
- Scion of the Fox by Sam Beiko
- 1 Aug – Publication of The Cottingley Secret by Hazel Gaynor (Mom and I are going to try this one for Family Reads)
- 18 Aug – Start of my move to Vancouver! Except a hiatus announcement around this time.
I don’t have many new releases on my radar for August. What books are you eyeing this month?